We are currently exploring the viability of a Meat Club CSA (i.e. Community Supported Agriculture). A Meat Club CSA program would offer our customers more affordable access to our meats, while also providing them with the opportunity to more directly support our farmers, our processing facility, our public education efforts, and our policy work. With this steady, year-round financial backing, EcoFriendly Foods could more boldly and effectively invest the time, energy, and resources necessary for the strengthening and restoration of America’s food systems.
A Rough Outline of the Model (Our Vision)
- 6-month or 1-year membership
- Monthly or bi-monthly pick-ups at locations throughout the Virginia and DC area
- Frozen retail-cut meats from a variety of species (pork, beef, chicken, turkey, and occasionally rose veal, goat, and lamb).
- Based on seasonal availability – we cannot guarantee specific cuts or species in any given month
- A variety of CSA packages to choose from:
- Ground Package (an assortment of ground meats; specific cuts & species will vary from month to month)
- Steak Package (an assortment of various “high-end,” tender cuts; specific cuts & species will vary from month to month)
- “Roast & Braise” Package (an assortment of lower-end, less tender cuts; specific cuts & species will very from month to month)
- Mix of Packages 1-3 (Ground Meats, Steaks, and “Roast & Braise” cuts)
- Sausage Package (an assortment of our specialty sausages)
- Poultry Package (an assortment of chicken and turkey cuts)
- Specialty Package (an assortment of cured meats and specialty products, e.g. prosciutto, bacon, head cheese, scrapple, smoked meats, etc.)
- Custom add-ons available (for additional processing fee)
For more information, please contact us below.